These are currently the best coffee makers under 100 dollars on the market:
- Best overall and top pick: Keuring K55 Programmable Coffee Maker
- Best for brewing capacity: Cuisinart DCC-3200 Coffee Maker
- Best for a tight budget: Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Manual Coffee Maker
The best coffee maker under 100 can help you prepare a barista-grade cup of Joe without costing a fortune!
Whether you are into strong espresso shots, black drip coffee, or cappuccinos, below you’ll find affordable units that can take you there!
Some of these units offer traditional types of brew while others offer different brew styles and multiple customization options.
To help you with buying the best coffee maker under 100, In this article I’ll cover the following topics:
- The main features to consider in a coffee maker under 100.
- An in-depth look at the 9 best coffee makers under 100.
- Coffee makers under 100 buying guide.
- Reasons to avoid cheap coffee makers.
Top Features to Consider in a Budget Coffee Maker
Here’s a list of the main features to keep in mind when on the lookout for a coffee maker under 100 bucks:
1. Number of Brewing Settings
Look for a coffee maker that offers several brewing options to choose from.
Most coffee makers in this category typically feature 2 brew settings – regular and strong.
But some models let you choose between 5 different brewing styles.
2. Maximum Brewing Capacity
Coffee makers with larger carafes can accommodate up to 15 cups of coffee at a time, while smaller ones can hold up to 10 cups.
Usually, going for a brewer with a larger brewing capacity is always the better option.
Otherwise, you’ll have to constantly refill the machine if you live with other coffee aficionados.
3. The Carafe Type
Coffee makers typically come with either a glass or a thermal carafe.
Glass carafes are easier to clean and more affordable but can’t keep your coffee hot for more than 15 minutes.
While thermal carafes keep coffee fresh and warm for a while but come at a higher price and take some time to clean.
4. Keeping the Coffee Hot
Drip coffee makers come with either a thermal flask or a hot plate to keep your large batches of coffee hot.
A coffee maker with a hot plate can keep your coffee hot for up to 30 minutes after brewing.
The downside of hot plates is that they use a lot of electricity and your coffee may end up having a burnt taste.
A thermal flask can keep coffee hot for hours and doesn’t have a negative impact on the aroma and taste of your java.
5. Paper Filters vs Reusable Filters
Some coffee makers come with paper filters you have to replace regularly, otherwise, your coffee will change its taste.
While others come with built-in, reusable filters that provide a superior coffee taste.
Clearly, reusable filters are the more convenient and budget-friendly option as you don’t have to replace them on a regular basis.
6. Maintenance and Cleaning Features
Cleaning your coffee maker on a regular basis is necessary if you want to keep it working optimally for longer.
But not all coffee machines under 100 dollars are made equal when it comes to cleaning.
Some coffee makers require manual cleaning, while others come with a self-clean feature that makes them easier to maintain and clean.
7. Programming Options and Settings
Some coffee makers come with neat a 24-hour delayed brew programmable feature.
This allows you to set the coffee maker to brew a cup of coffee in advance at the desired time of the day.
Other programming options include auto shut-off and temperature control settings.
Reviews of the Best Coffee Makers Under 100
Here’s a list of my top 9 recommendations for the best coffee maker under 100, based on the factors such as brewing style, capacity, and versatility:
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce)...
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew...
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your...
1. Top Overall Pick: Keuring K55 Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 13” x 9.8″ x 13.3″ (H x W x D)
- Brews 3 pod sizes.
- Less than 1 minute brewing time.
- 48 oz. water reservoir.
- Sometimes, the machine doesn’t make a full cup of coffee but only halfway through.
- Has plastic parts.
The Keurig K-Classic accommodates 3 k-cup pod brew sizes – 6, 8, and 10, from the strongest to the lightest brew.
The brewing process is super simple as all that you have to do is insert a pod, choose the desired cup size, and you’ll have a cup of Joe in less than a minute.
There’s a 48 oz. water reservoir that makes it possible to brew more than 6 cups of coffee without having to refill.
This coffee maker goes off automatically after being idle for 2 hours, which extends the unit’s motor life and helps reduce your energy bills.
While Keurig’s user-friendly interface allows you to power your coffee maker, heat or add water, and descale it at a touch of a button.
On top of that, K-Classic is tall enough to accommodate a travel mug and comes in 2 colors (black and rhubarb).
- MULTISTREAM TECHNOLOGY: Extracts more flavor and...
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on...
- MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 oz....
2. Low-Profile Pick: Keuring K-Slim Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 15.2” x 4.7” x 12.1” (H x W x D)
- Slim design.
- Removable 46 oz. water reservoir.
- 3 cup sizes.
- Produces strange noise.
- Requires frequent descaling.
Keurig’s K-Slim coffee maker boasts a space-saving design as it is less than 5 inches wide and super convenient to fit anywhere in your kitchen.
This model can brew 8, 10, and 12 oz. coffee cups in around 3 to 4 minutes.
It comes with 7 buttons – Power, Cup Sizes, Add Water, Descale, and Start that makes this coffee maker easy to operate.
While the large 46 oz. water reservoir lets you brew around 4 cups of coffee before the next refill.
The removable drip tray accommodates any accidental spills and makes cleaning this Keurig coffee maker a breeze!
You can choose between 7 sleek finishes – stainless steel gray to stainless steel copper and umber.
- ENJOY HOTTER COFFEE: Expert coffee-making...
- BREW STRENGTH CONTROL: Select regular or bold...
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour...
3. Brewing Capacity Pick: Cuisinart DCC-3200 Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 7.75” x 9” x 14” (H x W x D)
- Brew strength controls.
- Durable, stainless steel construction.
- Programmable commands.
- Filling the carafe with water is somewhat awkward.
This Cuisinart coffee maker features brew-strength control that allows you to easily switch between regular and bold coffee flavors.
It also lets you program your coffee maker to brew the coffee in the desired strength for up to 24 hours ahead.
The adjustable ‘keep warm’ water temperature control allows you to set the desired water temperature and not sacrifice the taste of your cups.
- Also read: Best Cuisinart coffee maker
The glass carafe can accommodate 4 to 14 cups of coffee, which makes the Cuisinart DCC-3200 one of the coffee makers with the best capacity on the market.
The front, backlit display makes it easy to program this brewer as it doesn’t have too many buttons.
This coffee maker comes with gold-tone and charcoal filters for both the coffee and water for a better taste.
Cuisinart provides a limited 3-year warranty on this model, giving you peace of mind if you decide to buy the DCC-3200.
- Classic functionality and modest design keep...
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle when you need a...
- Dual Water Window to see exact water level as you...
4. Budget Pick: Mr. Coffee Manual Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 12.3” x 9.2: x 13.6” (H x W x D)
- Dual water window.
- Auto pause feature.
- Fast and easy cleanup.
- The machine emits a strong plastic smell the first couple of times after it has been turned on.
Mr. Coffee designed this classic, yet highly functional coffee maker under 100 that makes brewing java a breeze.
This unit has a 12-cup capacity and takes around 7 minutes to brew a full pot.
The ‘grab-a-cup’ auto-pause button lets you have your cup of coffee before the machine brews the whole pot without interrupting the brewing cycle.
Moreover, Mr. Coffee designed the dual water window to help you see where the water level is at any moment to reduce spills.
The easy-to-read light indicator shows whether the unit is on or off and reminds you to power it off when not using it.
Lastly, the filter basket is easy to lift, remove, clean, and get back in place.
- 2 WAYS TO BREW: SINGLE CUP OR FULL POT. Brew a...
- SIMPLE SINGLE-CUP BREWING — DOESN'T USE K-CUP...
- PEACE OF MIND WITH 2 HOUR AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. How...
5. Ground Coffee Pick: Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 13.69” x 11.44” x 15.44” (H x W x D)
- Single-cup or full pot brew.
- 2 brew strengths to choose from.
- 2-hour automatic shutoff.
- Rather bulky.
- Takes around 30 minutes to brew the whole pot.
This Hamilton Beach coffee maker is equipped with the advanced 2-ways-to-brew option, meaning you can easily program the machine to brew a single cup or full pot.
It has a solid capacity of 12 cups and takes about half an hour to complete one cycle.
Note that this coffee maker is compatible with loose ground coffee and not K-cup pods.
Another useful programmable feature of this unit is the 2-hour automatic shutoff.
You can even program it to start brewing coffee right before you wake up.
Just fill the unit with water before going to bed, add coffee, and set the specific time you want it to start brewing at.
But what I really like about this Hamilton Beach unit is that it allows you to choose between regular, medium-grind coffee and a bold brew that has a richer flavor.
- 12-Cup* Thermal Carafe - The large capacity carafe...
- Customizable Brewing Options - Drink your favorite...
- Evenstream Showerhead - The Evenstream Showerhead...
6. Design Pick: BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 8” x 11” x 11.5” (H x W x D)
- Customizable brewing options.
- Thermal carafe.
- Easy-to-use digital controls.
- Long brewing time.
The BLACK+DECKER coffee maker comes with a large capacity carafe that can brew 12 cups at a time of approximately 5 oz. each.
The carafe has 2 walls that keep your coffee hot for a couple of hours at least.
It also comes with a no-drip spout that prevents annoying spills when pouring coffee.
The small-batch option that allows you to brew 4 cups of coffee may come in handy if you love coffee but still drink only small amounts.
This coffee maker lets you select 2 brew strengths and by pressing the “auto” or “strong” button you’ll enjoy different flavors – from medium to bold.
There’s also the BLACK+DECKER built-in ‘Evenstream’ showerhead that evenly dispenses water over the coffee to bring out its best uniform flavor.
- ☕Keep Your Coffee Hot: Hotter brewing design...
- ☕Fully automatic with 24-hour Programmability:...
- ☕Keep Coffee Maker Clean: You can use the...
7. Drip Coffee Pick: Bonsenkitchen Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 10.43” x 8” x 13.9” (H x W x D)
- The hot preservation function.
- 24-hour programmability.
- Automatic self-cleaning function.
- The water that’s poured into the reservoir may leak through the heat pad.
This Bonsenkitchen coffee maker boasts a one-touch operation design and it can brew 10 to 15 cups of coffee at a time.
You can also program it to brew for up to 24 hours in advance and this coffee maker turns itself off automatically 2 hours after brewing.
Additionally, the ‘hot preservation’ function makes sure the coffee stays hot for several hours after brewing.
You can adjust the temperature of the hot plate to keep the coffee at a temperature you like.
And to keep this coffee maker clean, you simply have to press the auto-clean button.
Its easy-to-clean appeal is further solidified by the water filter that is also easy to remove and clean.
No products found.
8. Travel Pick: Chefman Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 4.75” x 13” (H x W x D)
- One-touch operation.
- Compatible with both regular and travel mugs.
- Doesn’t bring water to a full boil.
This narrow profile single-serve coffee maker brews coffee in less than 30 seconds.
It takes a simple touch of a button to produce a large cup of coffee that’s not overly hot so you can consume it straight away.
You can use either K-Cups or fresh coffee grounds with it as well as loose-leaf tea.
This BPA-free coffee maker comes with a built-in self-cleaning function that prevents mineral buildups and performance-related issues.
Chefman provides a 1-year limited warranty for this coffee maker that even CETL approves so you can use it worry-free.
It comes with a K-Cup pod holder and a reusable filter.
Coffee Maker Over 100 to Consider
- Coffee and tea brew settings: Brewing technology...
- Cold brew coffee and tea: Brew over ice at a lower...
- Smart basket recognition: System recognizes basket...
Best for Versatility: Ninja CP307 Coffee Maker
- Dimensions: 11.81” x 10.01” x 15” (H x W x D)
- 6 brew sizes and 5 brew styles.
- Coffee and tea brew settings.
- Thermal carafe.
- The carafe keeps coffee lukewarm, not hot.
Ninja CP307 is a coffee and tea maker in one device as you can use any coffee and tea brand, including bagged and loose leaf tea.
Thankfully, the coffee and tea baskets are separate so flavors don’t mix.
The smart basket recognition system recognizes coffee and tea and gives you different brew options accordingly.
This coffee maker lets you choose between the following brew settings:
- Over ice
- Specialty brew
It also makes it easy to brew both single and travel-size cups of coffee, half or full carafe.
- Also read: The best Ninja coffee maker
There’s also a “clean” button that makes this coffee maker easy to clean.
This system automatically lights up this button when it detects calcium buildup to signalize that it’s the right time for a cleanup.
Coffee Maker Under 100 – Buying Guide
I’ve created this buying guide to help you narrow down your search and select the right budget coffee maker for you.
Consider this when looking for the best coffee maker under 100:
1. The Size of the Coffee Maker
If you don’t have much space on the counter, look for a coffee maker that has a small footprint.
Compact coffee makers with detachable water tanks work best with kitchenettes i.e. small kitchens.
- Also read: Best small coffee makers
Alternatively, you can store your coffee maker under the cabinet to save up space.
2. Overall Functionality and Features
Budget coffee makers nowadays come with premium functions, such as self-cleaning buttons and programmable timers.
Coffee makers with these features are not the cheapest, but finding one for less than 100 dollars is still possible in the mid-priced department.
3. Ease of Use
Single-serve coffee makers that deliver single-cup servings are the simplest to use.
More complex coffee makers give you more control over the taste of your cups but have a steeper learning curve.
You can experiment with different beans and grinds and even go from drip coffee to espresso in seconds and vice versa!
4. Consider the Brew Size Options
You can find coffee makers under 100 that deliver a single cup and others that can brew a whole pot in just several minutes.
Single-cup coffee makers use a smaller amount of coffee grounds and most of them are even compatible with K-cups.
Higher-end coffee makers (still under 100) come with both nozzles and drip trays that you can adjust to the cup/pot size, while some models combine single-serve with whole-carafe brewing capabilities.
5. Drink Variations and Types
You can use your coffee maker to make different types of coffee such as drip coffee, espresso, and cappuccino.
Depending on the particular model, you can brew just about any type of hot drink.
Some coffee machines let you make tea and hot chocolate besides just coffee.
6. Manufacturer’s Warranty
A coffee maker that comes with at least a 1-year warranty can give you peace of mind in the long run.
While some machines come with 3-year warranties and offer replacements in case your coffee maker breaks down.
Reasons to Avoid Cheap Coffee Makers
Cheap materials and cheap coffee makers typically go hand-in-hand.
These types of machines barely get the water hot enough, which affects the extraction process and spoils the taste of your brew.
- Also read: Coffee makers that brew at 200 degrees
Also, sometimes cheap coffee makers don’t brew the coffee grounds evenly, which results in some of the ground coffee is under-extracted, while the other part of it is over-extracted.
Any coffee maker under $20 is likely to completely break down in just a couple of months, although this depends on how frequently you’re using it.
However, it is important to distinguish cheap from budget coffee makers.
On my list, you can find great coffee makers under 100 that boasts a sturdy and durable construction.
These budget coffee makers can provide even coffee ground extraction and optimal brewing temperature which results in a better flavor.
My overall top pick and #1 recommendation for the best coffee maker under 100 bucks is the Keuring K55 Coffee Maker that brews coffee in less than a minute.
This popular coffee maker offers several customization options, has a very decent capacity, and accommodates coffee cups of different sizes.
Still, each of my 9 coffee makers under 100 picks would meet the expectations of any coffee aficionado on a tighter budget.
Now, do you prefer one or multiple brewing options?
Does the idea of having a hot cup of coffee waiting for you in the kitchen each morning entice you?
And did you already have a chance to try any of the coffee makers listed above?
Leave your answers in the comment section below!
Last update on 2022-06-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API